Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pressing Onward

I'll have a video to post later (I just haven't uploaded it to youtube yet), so this will be a mostly photo-less and video-less post.  The bathroom remodel has slowed down.  We are in a waiting mode now, but I should have some tile updates to post tonight.  The granite is in production, the shower door has been measured and ordered, and the fixtures have been powder-coated to go back in.  We have also ordered everything but the tub and tile for our adoptive child's bathroom. 

In the midst of everything we decided that we needed to sell my Pilot.  I know that seems random.  We bought it with an adoptive child in mind, for the extra room, rear DVD system, etc.....of course, at that time I was working from home more often than not, and when I did drive downtown it was not as far.  I now drive from Gallatin to Brentwood 5 days a week, and with gas prices on the rise my 16 mpg SUV is costing me a FORTUNE!  So, after much research, we decided on the Hyundai Elantra Limited with Technology Package that gets 40 mpg.  I'll have the same car payment, but my gas expenses will be cut by more than half.  The local dealer here was not helpful, so we went through Bowling Green Hyundai, and they are having the car transported here from Indianapolis.  It will get here Friday, and I will find out then whether I am getting a 2012 or an early release 2013 model.  It's the same car either way, so I don't care.

Here are manufacturers photos:





No comments:

Post a Comment