Friday, February 10, 2012

My Deepest Sorrow

New Years 2012 is the saddest day I have known in such a long time.  It is hard to write this post, but also one of the reasons that I needed to start updating our blog again.

The day started out great.  We got up, and I cooked bacon for the retrievers as a special New Years Day treat.   We went out in the yard to play, and then loaded the pups up in the car for a long car ride.

Early in the evening, Joel went out to the arena with me, and I saddled up Demi and went for a ride.  When we got back to the house, Charlie was laying in the laundry room.   We knew immediately that something was wrong---Charles never goes in the laundry room.  He was lethargic, and wouldn't get up. I contacted Dr. Sammons and told her we needed to bring him to her--it was an emergency.  She left Church to meet us at the clinic, but our Charles left us on the drive there.

His heart was healthy, but apparently had a weak spot, and he died of a massive heart attack.  It was not preventable, and there was nothing we could do, but it does not lesson the pain we feel.  Charles will always be my baby.  There won't be a day that I don't miss him.  He was only 9, and I expected so many more years of him by my side.

I know if he had to choose his last day that we gave him his most perfect last day ever--I just wish we could give him 8 dozen more just like it.























































No comments:

Post a Comment