Thursday, February 9, 2012

Cornucopia

So the Summer didn't go as planned.  Joel and I were in the process of getting our home study done for adoption.   Part of that included a TB Skin test.  We were both negative for TB, however, a raging positive for allergic reaction to the preservative used in the skin test.  Within a week I had an awful rash.  Within 10 days the rash had spread to itchy hives all over.  I spent the Summer on Dr.'s orders to stay out of the heat, and on steroids.  In between being teased and called Aunt Spot (lovingly by my Sister in Law), it was also suggested that I was just going through the adoptive version of pregnancy---the steroids made me tempermental, hungry, and caused weight gain.

So, in the midst of all of that, my Garden suffered.  I didn't get much of a harvest and the birds ate everything in the fruit trees.  This was my best and prettiest harvest of the year.  I do love how gorgeous the pattypan squash was, and the Zucchini made about 10 great loaves of bread.


No comments:

Post a Comment