Friday, February 10, 2012

Allergens

In October I started allergy testing---it's a long process, but by Mid-January I had it figured out---it also helped me learn why I was gaining weight when I should have been losing weight (oh well....the White Chocolate Bread Pudding at Larriviere's may have had more than a little to do with that...).  

My allergen issues are dairy and gluten.  I have voluntarily also eliminated refined sugar and soy simply because they are SO bad for you.

The greatest thing in this process is I learned I was far from alone in my allergen issues.  I live by blog for my recipes, and was able to make awesome Thanksgiving and Christmas meals all allergen free.  I have a two week rotating meal plan, and almost all of the recipes come from blogs.

My go to sources are:

The Spunky Coconut

The Whole Life Nutrition Kitchen

and

Real Sustenance

These are in no particular order, but all three are great---they also all have links to other blogs, and the wonderful recipe makers and experimenters that put these together have saved me so much time and frustration, and have been a life-saver in keeping Joel happy with our meal transition.


No comments:

Post a Comment