Saturday, March 5, 2011

Dacor Decor

I've been planning out the kitchen at the new house. It has a Viking Cooktop already in it, and I was having a hard time figuring out the exact layout because the cooktop is not really what I want, but hey--it's Viking, right? So I shouldn't get rid of it. Then I remembered...Craigslist and Ebay are my friends. I will sell the Viking Cooktop.


With that out of the way, what I really really wanted to go with a Bertazzoni 48" Heritage Range. These beauties are imported from Italy and are as much art as they are high end cooking tools



However, I don't have 48" of space to devote to the range and the hood, and I'm not head over heals in love with the 36" Bertazzoni. So, I think we will go with Dacor.

The range is a 36" six burner, that has options to change out burners to either a wok ring, grill, griddle, or just leave them all as closed burners. The knobs glow blue when it is on. It's pretty, and has stellar reviews






The Dishwasher is also Dacor, and is rated as the quietest dishwasher available today. This is great since the kitchen will be open to the living room. We don't want to listen to water sloshing around our dishes while we watch a movie. It's fully integrated and stainless inside, too.





Our microwave is going to be really cool. We are opting for a drawer styled microwave, so you set your items in from the top, rather than having a door that swings out. It will be installed under-counter. I have seen these before, but never had one. I think it will be a great space saver. Right now I am just trying to decide whether to go with the full stainless or the one with the window in it. I think I'll do the window one. Any suggestions from my blog stalkers?




The fridge will be the one item that is not Dacor, since we are bringing our LG fridge along with us. It's a fantastic fridge, so I have no complaints. I still haven't found a fridge I like more than this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment