Thursday, March 10, 2011

By The Rivers Of Babylon


“By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept when we remembered Zion. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.”

When I was little I used to daydream that my sister and I were princesses. Our reality was missing a few of the elements of the daydream. In my mind, we would be reading or having a picnic under a weeping willow tree in a grassy knoll near a babbling brook---there would undoubtedly be unicorns grazing nearby. Prince charming would arrive to sweep us off our feet, and we would live happily ever after.

We may not have the grazing Unicorns, but the rest of the picture looks just about how I imagined it at 8 years old.

(P.S. Josie--I will be keeping an eye out for your Prince Charming. It appears we may have inadvertently set the perfect trap to catch him.)

No comments:

Post a Comment