Monday, April 2, 2012

The Final Countdown

Within two more days the Master Bath should be done (except for paint).  The granite countertop will be in, the shower doors will be in, and the faucets will be installed.  I just need to get myself busy with wrapping up the wallpaper removal.  While I could have done that this weekend I ended up very busy with other people over.  Though they would have helped,  I didn't want to set them to that kind of manual labor, and honestly, I don't trust anyone with a wallpaper scraper, but me.  I have a knack for not gouging the walls, so we don't end up needing drywall repair. 

So far, I am thrilled with how the bathroom is looking:

A close up of the detail on the shower wall:


More shower wall detail:



The Jetted Tub fixtures --re-installed and no longer polished brass:


The tub as seen from the bedroom:


Another shot of the tub, showing the medallion from a distance:


The tub inside---still needs to be cleaned, but again, no more brass jets:

The vanity as seen from the shower---this needs to be polished up with some old English, and we have new hardware for all of the doors.  We are not refinishing it---it will stay the same walnut color that it is, and just get spruced up.  Joel says it looks amazing with the granite......which he knows because they came to install the granite on Friday, but had cut the radius wrong, so had to take it back to get it cut correctly. 


The tile around the glass block window.  There is lots of really nice detail in the cuts and install around the window.  Tony spent WAY more time with this window than he intended, but he made sure we will not have any water issues there.

No comments:

Post a Comment