Friday, May 6, 2011

Bad Boy

We went out shopping this week, and got Joel a new toy. It is a 60" Bad Boy Mower and it mows at 7 miles an hour---which feels a little too fast, actually, but it will allow him to cut the acreage in about 3 hours instead of 3 days.



The garden is also now completely planted, and I have identified the fruit trees. Three of them are Apples, though only 2 have fruit. 1 is a Pear (I hate pears...yuck)and it is LOADED with fruit. The last one is a Plum, and it has no fruit. I think it may need a cross-polinator. I want to add some peaches, nectarines, and another plum. I'm really happy to have 2 mature apple trees though. Nothing better in late summer than apple pie ala mode with homemade ice cream and apples straight from the tree.

Last, but not least, the lighting for the kitchen came in. I am going to try to install a couple of them tomorrow, but not sure if we will have time.

No comments:

Post a Comment